Thursday, January 22, 2015

Welcome!

My name is Mason Grimes. I'm currently at UCO as a Strategic Communications major. Last Fall semester I transferred from Oklahoma City Community College, where I earned my Associate of Arts in Psychology.

Being cursed with a common name for boys, when people ask me to introduce myself and I do so with, "Hi, I'm Mason," they immediately think they misheard and respond with something like, "Macy? Maddie? Megan?" In turn I've trained myself to reply with, "No, MASON... ya know, like the jar?" Not only does this make it clear but they remember me! A silly word association is a well-known trick for helping you remember something, or in my case someone.

I decided to incorporate this into my blog name. What's in my "jar" are the things that make up my life, what I like, who I am and what I'm passionate about.



No comments:

Post a Comment