Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Red Lips for Beginners

Do you want that, "red lip classic thing that he likes?"




Yes, I just quoted Taylor Swift. 
But let's face it, a red lip is timeless, bold - and definitely sexy. Women have desired a red pout for centuries. Cleopatra was said to have crushed beetles to get that crimson color and Queen Elizabeth used a mix of beeswax and flowers. We've come a long way from lip junk made of bugs and plants, but that bold, red lip can seem intimidating sometimes. When I worked at a local make-up store, I heard women say ALL THE TIME, "I've always liked a red lip, but just not for me."

Why not you? If you feel intimidated by such a bold look but are tempted to dip your toe in the sensual pool that is red lipstick, or if you are a red lippy FIEND looking for a more subtle approach to the look, then I have a solution for you!

Lipstick Queen's Medieval

Lipstick Queen is such an incredible brand offering an extremely wide variety of textures and colors of lipstick. Medieval is a sheer, creamy red that brightens your face and gives you that red lip confidence without screaming, "I AM RED LIPSTICK. HEAR ME ROAR."


A subtle and beautiful red option for a bride...

Or a fun, flirty every-day look
(both models wearing Medieval)

Medieval looks awesome on everyone and is a great first step to conquering your red lip fears. (I actually sold my boss on it a few months ago and she wear's it all the time now!)

Find Medieval and other Lipstick Queen products at Ulta, online, or locally at the Make Up Bar in Nichols Hills! And comment below to share your favorite red lipstick!


That's what's in my jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment