Monday, March 30, 2015

Calling all iced coffee lovers


Spring is here and summer is approaching. In the winter you can find a hot cup of coffee in my hand every morning, but once those hot, humid days arrive I switch over to my iced coffee drinks. I work within walking distance of a Starbucks. A daily trip could cost at least $20 a week. And let me be honest, Starbucks may be the most popular coffee house worldwide, BUT...  their coffee products aren't the best. I've found something I prefer that is not only a healthier option, but could save you some cash.


Califia Farms iced coffee products! You can find these at Whole Foods, Sprouts and Natural Grocers. Not only do they taste better than the bottled Starbucks products, they are made with better ingredients. 

No dairy, low sugar, low calorie, low carb, low fat, no saturated fats, AND since they are made with organic almond milk, they pack in a serving of calcium that most Starbucks drinks don't offer. 
Here's a side by side comparison:

Regular Iced Coffee (Califia left/Starbucks right)



 Iced Coffee with Mocha (Califia left/Starbucks right)

You can see in the side by side comparison that Califia has half the calories, half the carbs, and even half the sugar of the popular Starbucks drinks. If you want to try before you buy, they DO offer single serving mini bottles.


That's what's in my jar.


1 comment: