Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Use your gym!



Remember a few months ago when you told yourself you were going to commit to getting fit? You got a gym membership and promised to make yourself go. It's been weeks since you went to the gym and now you have this $30 monthly payment coming out and it feels like a complete waste. You signed a year contract so it would cost just as much as when you signed up to get out. Guess you'll just keep paying...

If you're paying & choosing not to go, you're wasting your money. Don't be mad at your gym. YOU signed up for the membership.


I've found that the majority of people who stop going, don't just have laziness to blame. They truly don't know what to do in the gym. It can feel extremely discouraging to wander around hopelessly trying to figure out how machines work while the girl over there (with the perfect butt) is killing it on the squats. You feel intimidated. So you get on the treadmill, walk for 20 minutes and decide that's good for the day.



When I say "use" your gym, I mean, take some time to see what sort of things your gym offers. I'm a member at Gold's and I've really grown to love it - that's my personal opinion. I've never felt like my membership was a waste of money because I really try to use all that they have to offer. Recently I decided to start going to their classes. I've thought about joining a Crossfit gym, a yoga studio, buying a month of bootcamp classes, but why would I?

Monday and Wednesday mornings I can take a Body Pump class (which totally kicks your butt, by the way), Tuesday night I can go to Zumba, Thursday after work I'll wind down with yoga, and Friday morning I'll sweat it out in cycling class. They also offer personal training sessions. 

Average Costs (not accounting Groupon deals)
Yoga Studio - $100 per month unlimited
Bootcamp program - $80-150 per month
Cycling - $100-200 per month
Crossfit - $150 per month unlimited classes



If you've already committed to paying for a gym that offers a variety of classes and services to help you get the most out of your workout, why not commit to benefiting from that?


That's what's in my jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment