Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Navy is the new black

A little black dress is a common staple piece for any woman's closet. What if I told you that it's time to swap out the LBD for an LND?



Although black is globally recognized as a top favorite on the neutral color pallet, navy is a different - but also classic - alternative. When it comes to styling, most assume that neutrals only consist of beige, white, black and gray. Believe me when I tell you that is SO not true.

Too many people are turned off by navy. They worry it will clash with items they own or they won't know how to style it with other pieces. In 2015 I expect to see a lot more navy on the runway in the fashion world, and off the runway in the retail world. Dress it up for work, or dress it down for a day out with friends.






A few of my favorite places to find great staple pieces to mix with your current wardrobe are Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic and Target. A great pair of tapered navy pants or a fun nautical top are a step in the right direction.


I hope to create my own style boards to share in the future, but for now...


That's what's in my jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment