Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Foundation Review


I hate wearing make-up. Let me rephrase... I hate when I can FEEL makeup on my face. Even when I do wear makeup, the more natural the better. Last week I ran out of the foundation I've been using. I haven't had a foundation that I've really loved in a long time. I decided it was time to look for a new one that I had never tried before.

Shopping at Von Maur, I spotted the Clinique counter and decided to go over and ask a few questions. Although I've heard good things about the products, I've always associated it with an "old lady" brand. I was surprisingly wrong. The woman helping me had worked with the company for 6 years and was incredibly helpful. She explained the ingredients, coverage, and wear of the few she tried out on me, and with great success I left with one that I love.

Clinique's oil-free, stay-matte foundation. 
It offers a light to medium coverage with a soft, finished look. And the best part? I can't feel it on my face! Priced at $23 - so affordable.

Here is a before and after comparison taken in natural lighting. I have a little bit of scarring on my chin and some uneven tones in my cheeks. This foundation evens out my skin without creating a harsh (what I like to call "cake face") effect. 


There are no edits on the photo, and I am ONLY wearing my new Clinique foundation paired with my favorite steal of a setting powder.

I wear Ivory 6 in the foundation, and use the Translucent Stay Matte powder by Rimmel.


If you are on the search for a new foundation, I highly recommend approaching someone who works at the makeup counter for suggestions and an application. Try before you buy!

That's what's in my jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment